Sunday, September 27, 2015

One layer card for the Rubber Buggy

Hi everyone!

I'm here with another card for The Rubber Buggy.
This card is inspired by Lawnscaping challenge #114 - one piece of card folded in half with no additional layers and minimal embellishments.
http://lawnscaping.blogspot.se/2015/09/hi-there-welcome-back-to-another.html 
Hmmm... I'll have to admit I went abit OTT with this one in the end...
I should have stopped both 1, 2 and 3 steps earlier. This could probably have been 2 gorgeous cards - LOL! 

At first I was a bit challenged, I was having trouble to see how I would make my card not seem empty or flat. But then I went to pinterest and o'boy! I find that the danger with pinterest, like overall the wireless crafting community, is you spend hours oh-ing and awe-ing. But in the end you get nothing done. Anyone with me on this?

 
But over to the card itself. I made the background scene with distress ink and post-its. I cut a hillshape from the post-it and used that as a mask. I then tried to create soft shadows and depht. I don't know about you, but it never seem to work out until the card is almost done, before it comes to life... I then used the tree from my latest stamp set from Lawn Fawn, Toboggan together, but if you look closely, you'll notice my first mess up.

I didn't mask the trees thus, as I was aiming for a cluster of tree tops, I stamped over the crisp white edge. It may be that I'm the only one bothered by this... To me it still looked a little empty, but I really could have stopped here. However, my baby was still sound asleep, so I kept going... I created a branch in the foreground using Deck the Halls by Lawn Fawn, this is a stamp set that will never go out of style. I even added a bit of clear wink of stella to the pine cones, so they are nice and shimmery.


Now that I had started to get the hang of things, I started to play with all the snowflake sizes in the sets. So I started with the smallest from the top left using third generation stamping and then the further right I got, the larger the snowflakes became and I now use second generation stamping. The only first generation stamping I used for the snowflakes (beside another little boo-ho, which I hope you wont notice) is the large snowflake from The toboggan together set.


Well how about stopping now? I'm a bit unsure of how the depht looks to anyone who is not me, but it is certainly not empty at least. But no, if only my baby had woken up now - LOL!
I had to get a sentiment in there... As I had, up til now, still not had the chance to play with Ranger's embossing powder in liquid platinum... 
Let's just say - I'm not happy with the placement of the sentiment and leave it at that...

Many thanks for visiting and bravo if you read it all :D

Small ink blending tool (I wish I had these)
Masking paper (or use post-it)

Challenges entered:
Lawnscaping challenge - #114 one layer card (inspirational photo above)
Simon says stamp Monday challenge - Use a stamp (and hop hop among Stamptember inspiration)
Simon says stamp Wednesday challenge - No designer paper


5 comments:

  1. Love your branches and cones! Thanks for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Monday blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! So very elegant, with a lovely colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Winter scene !!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs / Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love the Winter scene you've created, it's beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you were able to achieve so much depth perception! What an elegant card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete