Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mythical ocean and treasure islands for The Rubber Buggy

Hi everyone!

I'm here with a LO from my latest vacation to Italy as my DT-project for The Rubber Buggy.

I really wanted to show the beautiful colours of the photos and Magnolia's sea breeze paper Mythical Ocean was so perfect as the colour is gorgeous and it has lots of tiny anchors all over the paper.


I've used Studio Calico's wellum embellishments from the Atlantic collection as well. If someone has any good advice on how to adhere these, please let me know - the adhesive I'm using is always showing through... The letters are from Tim Holtz wordplay - love that die:) Super good investment. I've taken water colour paper and sprayed it with LSG Azure sea Asters and Blue Hawaiian blue. Some of the letters are also accented with ice stickles. To create some texture I've used stickles to try it look like sand.


To top it of I placed a globe from my die cut swap with Cristy P, which I coloured in acrylic paint. I then splattered some drops of Heidi Swapp's teal colour shine to look like water drops and in the midst I added a cluster of flat backs to emphasis the look.

Product used from The Rubber Buggy:
12x12 Magnolia, sea breeze, mythical ocean paper
6x6 Graphic 45, French country, solids & pattern paper pad
Ice stickles, artic blue
Ice stickles, crystal
Ice stickles, gold
Prima say it in crystals

Thank you all for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment