Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Masculine card, DT Post for The Rubber Buggy

Ok, birthday card for my HTB's (hubby-to-be) 91 year old grandpa...
Masculine
No English
No fuss or frill
Quite a challenge, huh...

Oboy... What to do?!
Well...Da-da-da! Prima Engraver to the resque:)



The feeling of the paper is perfect for a 91-year-old, don't you agree. And there are ton of elements to cut out. Here I used a map, a pocket watch and the numbers 9 and 1.

I distressed everything quite heavily and edged it with vintage photo, distress ink.
As embellishment I glossy accented the watch and popped it in the corner. I tied some twine and made a banner which I wrote warmest congratulations as a sentiment. Of the numbers I made brads with Papermania bradmaking set and as my masculine embellishment - no flower, no trim:) - I used Tim holtz metal gears - jackpot, don't you think!


I stamped the background paper, also from the Engraver paper pad, with some script and Magnolia chicken wire. It's unbelieveble how versatile this stamp is - doesn't it look really industrial stamped in the corners with Ranger Archival ink in Jet black?


I hope you liked it, thank you for visiting!
Don't forget to check out The Rubber Buggy store - lots of new goodies=D


I also have the pleasure to tell you that I'm on for another term with the design team for The Rubber Buggy as well!!
*Happy dance*
This is a great honour as I presume then I did well the last term:)
I'm thrilled as I've learned so much oh this team as well - I would not have played with Magnolia or Saturated Carnary would it not for Kellie.

So I'll be seeing you;)

1 comment: