Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Magnolia love (DT post for The Rubber Buggy)

Hi all!

It's been a while since I had the chance to play with this awesome and super adorable sweetie, Bubbling Tilda. I had the best time putting this card together and had several inspiration sources, see list below.

I coloured her with my copics (a growing collection) and some other alcohol pens.
Skin: E50, ivory, satin, R01
Dress: C0, C1, C3
Hair: E50, E53, E55, E57
Wings: R000, C0

To create some structure and interesting elements I used glossy accent crackle medium on her wings and some diamond stickles. Spring is trying to come through here in Gothenburg, so I was inspired by the colours and the light - which I hope shows in my card.


The layout of the card is based on MFTWSC119 sketch, although I turned it over.
For a oval die cuts check out the store. Here I used spellbinders label 10, but Kellie stock gorgeous decorative ovals on the website both from Spellbinders as well as MFT. I created a little cluster of flowers and sprays using the Magnolia chandilier garland in green and wild orchid flowers. The colours were just wonderful, so I could not resist adding sprays from MB's tresurista.


To soften the card I layered pearl centered lace from the store on top of grossgrain ribbon. I created a banner using MFT banner dies to hold the sentiment SMILE from TGF's newest release.


I finished the inside as well, I stamped the image again in distress ink tattered rose, to make it seem like a watermark.

Products from the store:
Bubbling Tilda
Copic markers
Magnolia chandilier garland, green
WOC cherry blossoms, coloured with LSG salt water taffy starburst spray
WOC open rose 10mm, coloured with LSG salt water taffy magical
WOC open rose 15mm, coloured with LSG salt water taffy magical
Spellbinder & MFT dies
distress ink, tattered rose
Pearl centered lace
Grossgrain ribbon
Stamping supplies (Memento ink, copic paper, scor tape)

I hope you like it.
Our current challenge is all about lace, we would love for you to join!


Challenges entered:
MFTWSC119
Simply Magnolia - colour combo
Magnolia-licious - buttons, bows or beads
Lovely hÄnglar - butterflies or things that flutter
Magnolia Down under Challenge - tic, tac, toe (lace, 3 or more layers, finished inside)
Tilda's town - Flowers everywhere
Simon says stamp challenge - Spring showers and/or spring flower

3 comments:

  1. Yet ANOTHER stunning design by you Pi ..... I so love looking at your work you are very talented and I feel so privileged to own so many of your cards : )

    Gorgeous work honey xx

    Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet:) Do you see how I incorporated the fabric I got from you in the background:)

      Delete
  2. Very sweet card, love that image. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town for our challenge this week
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete