Monday, November 26, 2012

MFT sketch challenge MFTWSC99

Hi y'all!

Today I needed to take a break from all Christmas card - even though I love it!
Through out the years I have managed to assembly quite a collection. Here I thought I carefully only bought non-seasonal products to be able to use all year around?!

All though there was those cute Penny Black stamps that got me going - I bought 4 sets at once (Jolly Follies, Christmas critters, holly-jolly and the wonder)... And then there was this adorable wooden mounted rubber stamp that was great for embossing a greeting sentiment... And then I just couldn't miss out on this great mixed stamp set with snowflakes and sentiments in Swedish... And I got my favorite Magnolia stamp in my first DT package for the rubber buggy - it was love at first sight. I got hooked on Magnolia stamps there and then - you will see that stamp a lot to come I'm afraid:) Not to mention all the Christmas paper pads I have hoarded - now there's where I draw the line. I do not buy Christmas paper, that is why I buy all the mentioned stamps! But I could not pass up the reduced prize on MME Lost & found Christmas - love the vintage colours! And Maja Design Vintage winter... Still unopened 'til this year... And Teresa Collins Christmas home - but that one I made a mini album with and I have not yet filled it so I need backup paper for journaling and mat photos on... Which is why I have 2 6x6 pads and 2 12x12 sets... Ok, that's might be me over doing it... I also did not mention the Maja Design It's Christmas time that I bought recently which is even more gorgeous then last year - so no I can break the package of the one:) or that I also got Teresa Collins Christmas cottage paper... Not to mention that I forgot about all these papers when I ordered 12x12 sheets from Magnolia to make Christmas cards with... Am I alone in this or are there others just like me out there? Please let me know... or if I should get help - LOL!

Anyhow, back to my non-Christmas card. Nagging in the back of my head is a thought that I have not yet made a card for a couple of friends who recently got a beautiful baby girl. So I grabbed some pink paper and headed to MFT's sketch challenge. I love a good sketch - it makes the card come together so fast when you can just follow someone else sketch and you don't have to figure out the layout first. That's the hard bit for me at least. And I have not participated in a MFT challenge for quite a while now, so it was fun fun fun. They have also started with a LO sketch challenge for scrapbooks as well - that is just Christmas early for me as I have tons of photos to scrap, but since I have started with mini albums (although chunky and heavy), my inspiration for 12x12 LO have seemed a bit dry lately...


So I matted simple pink paper on white cardstock which is 4x6. I also turned the sketch as I had a specific stamp in mind for the image. I think I stuck to the sketch pretty well I used the MFT file tab die-namics and stamped "It's a girl" on with pigment ink in lilac, I also edged all the papers with the same ink. I put lots of flat backs and used some organza ribbon which I layered behind the paper. The image is MFT Baby makes three, which I got as a freebie from last years black Friday sale. It's super great, I have made several baby cards with this set. I coloured it with my copics - really quick and easy. To top it off I coloured some i am roses flowers with LSG salt water taffy magical, made a couple of stick pins and added a twig of Magnolia chandelier garland clear and there you have it!










Thank you for reading this far. I realize I've been rambling most of the post - sorry about that...
Talk to you soon!!

If you have any question please don't hesitate to ask:)

No comments:

Post a Comment