Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hang in there

Hi all!

I'm so in love with Magnolia right now, I blame the Rubber buggy:)
I hope this week's post shows how much fun I had and how versitile these stamps really are.

Pixie Tilda is really from the Christmas collection, but she is just to adorable not to play with right away, i copiced her in fall colours and voila!


This card was so much fun and really easy to put together.

The background is simple, regular white cardstock which I distressed with Time Holtz distress inks in mustard seed, dried marigold and spiced marmalade, I tore post-its to mask the edge. Then I masked a new edge, leaving a sliver of white in between and used crushed olive and peeled paint.

I also masked areas to create "layers" of grass. I used Vilda stamps in Archival olive green.


In the end I also tried out another of Tim Holtz famous techniques with the distress inks, I used a small acrylic brush which I dipped in tap water and just splattered across the background a la Polluck:) It was plenty fun and I love the effect it had in the card as well.


The branch is from Tim Holtz sizzix alteration holly branch. I glued Tilda hanging from the branch and popped them both on foam dots. The sentiment is MFT decorative doily, the smallest one, layered with a Sizzix framelites circle. The circle is distressed with both crushed olive and peeled paint. I stamped the sentiment with archival ink in olive green.

When I started I would say I thought my card would turn out to be something very unlike me. I love fall colours, but I'm very bad at using them. Now in the end, this card is very "me" and I love that there seems to be a lot going on at first glance, but it's really not. I would never have thought I'd be able to make such good use of a 6x6 card without ribbon, flourishes or sprays. Not even a paper flower made it to the card:)

This card will be  entered in Tilda's Town Challenge #28 anything goes

Please let me know what you're thinking!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by - it is so appreciated!!


2 comments:

  1. Great card. I love the colors. Yellow (and pink) i my favorite.
    Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town.

    Hugs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card with autumn colors Ms Scrapmess :) How fun to use Pixie Tilda like you did. The Tim Holz techniques go so well with your ideas! Thanks for playing with us at Tilda's Town this week!

    Riet XXX

    ReplyDelete