Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bead spray

After watching the tutorial by Luvleescrappin, I had to give it a go.

I love sprays, but have a hard time finding any at a reasonable price. So I was thrilled about the idea to be able to make them myself. I was surprised how easy it was - so BIG THANKS to Leanne for sharing such a wonderful tip and taking the time to make a video about it!

At first, I started small and made spray for a specific project I had in mind. But then it was so much fun I had to make another one right away, just to see if it was beginners luck - haha!

I don't have that many beads to choose from, but I have a mix of blue that I purchased at Panduro some time ago for a baby boy project. So I started to sort through the mix and wondered how I would be able to use them in non-boy projects. Anyhow, since I was just playing with the concept I gave it a go with just the dark blue beads. And look at the result! I'm really pleased, I did not think I would be able to make something like that. Doesn't it look just like delicious blueberries too?

So, feeling the inspiration flowing, I started on yet another one in the other colours and now I'm getting big and bold. So naturally, I ran out of wire. So I'm sitting and wondering for the life of me - what am I supposed to do now?  While I'm spinning and turning this unfinished piece, I realise I've seen this colour combination before...

And would you believe it?! It's exactly the same as Prima say it in pearls blue. How did I get so lucky?!

By this time, I'm now thinking the sprays so beautiful I don't think I can manage to cover them behind flowers and leafs, where I usually put them. So I give it a go to make just a few simple ones as well - not bad or what do you think?

Finally, all in all. I believe I got all of these made in just a few hours. If that is not productive, then I don't know what is!

'Til next time, may inspiration keep flowing!
Thanks for stopping by! I must now expand my bead supply - LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment